Tuesday, April 12, 2011

IF I GET ONE MORE PAPER CUT...

Paper cuts are never fun but even worse is the cost of having paper.  Not to mention trying to find that piece of paper.  I knew there had to be a better way than having an office and storage unit full of paper that I had to keep.

I added up the cost of paper, toner, file folders, file cabinets, storage rental, paper clips, binder clips and my time (I’m sure there are a few other items I’m missing).  It was mind boggling that so much money was spent on a piece of paper.  Even more frustrating was it always seemed the most important piece or paper was in the last box in the storage unit.

I all ready was saving paper received electronically but was still frustrated with the paper I had and my storage space on my computer being eaten up.  So I purchased an external hard drive and scanner and went to work.  I scanned all my paper and now store them on my external hard drive.  I have folders set up and add any new documents to the folders.

Love it and so did my accountant (and everyone else).  If she called or email me for a document needed I was able to email her the document in a matter of minutes.  She was impressed even more than I was.
If you are interested in how to do this then please contact me at (757) 362-6187 or email:  karenecook@cox.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment